Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Song: Taylor Swift/ Blank Space


This week's song: Blank Space - Taylor Swift.

Download the worksheet in PDF here

This post is designed around the song 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift. I particularly love Taylor Swift's accent and her lyrics are so cute. The last activity aims to get students work on vocabulary and divide the words into categories. Hope you'll enjoy it. :)


BLANK SPACE - Taylor Swift

Activity 1: Listen the song and fill in the gaps
Nice to .......... you, where you........?
I could show you …........... things
Magic, …............, heaven, …......
…........ you there and I …............
Oh my God, look at that ….........
You look like my next ….........
Love's a …......., want to …........?
New,..........., suit and …......
I can …........ you like a ….........
Ain't it …........., rumors, lie
And I know you.............about me
So hey, let's be …........
I'm............ to see how this one ends
Grab your ….........and my hand
I can make the......... guys good for a …....


Activity 2:

Find the opposites:

1. End

2. Heaven

3. Incredible

4. Friends
Activity 3: Put the sentences in order:

Or it's gonna go down in flames

'Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

They'll tell you I'm insane

So it's gonna be forever

Got a long list of ex-lovers

If the high way was worth the pain

You can tell me when it's over




Activity 4: Listen the song and fill in the gaps:

'Cause we're.......... and we're ….......
We'll take this way too ….....
It'll leave you …..........
Or with a nasty...........
Got a …........ list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm ….........
But I've got a …....... …........ baby
And I'll write your............


Activity 5: Match 1-7 with A-G.
1. Cherry lips,
2. I could show you
3. Stolen kisses,
4. You're the king
5. Find out
6. Be that girl
7. Wait the worst
 
A. baby I'm your Queen
B. incredible things
C. is yet to come, oh no
D. what you want
F. pretty lies
G. crystal skies
H. for a month

Activity 6: Listen the song and fill in the gaps:
Screaming,.............. , perfect storms
I can make all the............. turn
Rose …......... filled with ….......
Keep you second ….......... like
"Oh my God, who is she?"
I get drunk on …............
But you'll come back each time you …........
'Cause darling I'm a …............. dressed like a ….............

Activity 7: Divide words into categories. Work in pairs to come up with more categories:

Example: adjectives, body parts, emotions


No comments:

Post a Comment