Monday, March 16, 2015

Expressions with Can't.


Expression with Can't. 


 1. Can't hear myself think: if you cannot hear yourself thing, you cannot give your attention to anything because there is so much noise. 

EXAMPLE:


2. I can't stand: to be unable to tolerate someone or something; 

disliking someone or something extremely.

EXAMPLE:



3. Can't be bothered: be unwilling to make the effort to do something.
EXAMPLE:
 
4. Can't take it: when someone is really upset with someone/ or something  and they cannot mentally or physically take it any longer. 
EXAMPLE:

 4. Can't wait: to be very excited about something and eager to do or experience it
EXAMPLE: 



Activities: complete the gaps with the phrases:

1. He's been out the whole day, and I can't reach her on the phone.

I can't ...............

2. Tonight we are going to Shakira's concert
I can't ...............

3. It's already 9 o'clock. I must get up and go to work.
I can't ..............

4. This places is so crowed and the music is too loud. 
I can't ..............

5. This show is so boring. Shall we go for a drink in the pub.
I can't ............

No comments:

Post a Comment