1. Find someone who (A2 and above/Adults): love this, just because I get them to stand up, mingle, move around and get to know each other.
- Hand out the sheets (attached below) and demonstrate the first example by asking the question to a student. Ask students to fill up the information at the same time.
Teacher -Is it a cat or a dog?
Student - Dog
Teacher - What's his/her name?
Student - Klio.
- Ask students to think for a minute on how to formulate the questions and then elicit.
- Then, get them to stand up, mingle around the classroom to write as many names as possible. Also remind them to ask more question to fill up the 'more information' section.
- Elicit feedback with students telling you about their findings. Example: Yiannis speaks more than three languages. Persian, Greek, English and Spanish and his favorite language is Persian.
- Adapt this game by making your own questions depending on the level and age group.
2. True or False.
- Write five statements about you on the whiteboard and tell students that 4 statements are True while one is False.
- Students make their guesses in an open class discussion.
- Get students to do the same by writing 4 true statements about themselves and one False. Then, get them to work in two's or three's and play the game.
- Write a set of questions on a handout or the whiteboard related to hobbies, interests, music, sports, holidays e.t.c.
- Give out some empty pieces of papers and ask students to answer each question on a different paper and then folder it.
- Collect the paper, add it in a box or a jar and get students to pick and guess who's paper might be. If right then he/she gets a point.
- Encourage students to ask a question to find more information and get an extra point.
In Part 2 I am going to share some more fun activities after you get to know your group. This one (below) I love it !!! :)
4. Jinx Challenge. (For all levels and ages.)
This can be played after getting to know your students to add a bit of fun. I've attached the YouTube video here that I get the inspiration from. Enjoy it!